Siemens – Electrical – Controls – PLC’s – Panels – Design – Build
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer with Siemens PLC experience for a highly successful supplier of bespoke electro-mechanical machinery. They design, supply, install and maintain their machinery world-wide, and are looking for a Senior Engineer to design and build bespoke Electrical Controls systems. This is a key position in their business.
The role requires ingenuity, innovation, sound engineering and a determination to succeed. You will be presented with interesting and unique challenges that require you to ‘think outside the box’ and devise reliable solutions that work day after day, year after year.
- Working with Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi & Omron PLC’s & Touchscreens
- Developing bespoke systems
- Designing, building & testing Control panels
- Producing electrical schematics using E Plan
- Writing software and programming PLC’s
- Devising mechanical and hydraulic solutions to interface with the electronics
- Nominating motors, drives, interfaces between devices & third-party equipment
- Installing & commissioning systems on site
- Diagnosing & rectifying faults
- Liaising with customers and other engineers both in-house and on site
- Working 8 hours a day Monday to Friday with occasional weekend overtime
- Highly competitive remuneration, fully negotiable DoE
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to innovate and be creative
- Variety of projects, challenges & solutions
- Occasional visits to sites overseas & UK
- Professional training to keep up to date
- Be a key-player in a small business
The successful Electrical Controls Engineer will:
- Be highly experienced with Siemens PLC’s and Touchscreens
- Have knowledge of Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi & Omron equipment
- Be technically innovative and hands-on
- Enjoy devising & creating unique, bespoke & reliable solutions
- Be determined to see their work come to fruition
- Work well with other engineers, colleagues & customers
- Be happy to take short business trips to sites both in the UK & overseas
- Experience with Materials handling systems would be helpful but not essential
The company offer training, exceptional opportunities for career development, a highly competitive remuneration package negotiable depending on experience, the opportunity to be a creative engineer, and to travel the UK and overseas.
If you are an innovative thinker, a hands-on design engineer with experience of PLC’s, motors, drives & interfaces please apply, we’d like to hear from you.